Club Brittany Family,
The start of 2017 season at Club Brittany is a few months away (can you believe it?). As a result, we are happy to announce a few upcoming preseason events along with the 2017 membership rates. Please review the below sections for details and let us know if you have any questions and/or feedback. Additional updates and details will be posted to www.clubbrittany.org in the upcoming weeks as we buildout the website for 2017.
Key Upcoming Dates:
- March 15th – Board Meeting, 7pm @ Starbucks on Mill Dam
- March 20th – 2017 Membership / Swim Team Registration Begins
- April 2nd – Pool Cover Removal
- April 22nd/23rd – Club Brittany Clean-Up Days
Tip: Subscribe to the Club Brittany Calendar and automatically have all events including updates show up on your calendar!
2017 Membership Rates
Membership rates have been significantly restructured this year in order to simplify administration and to attract new families to our pool. These changes align to our goals for 2017 which you can read about in the previous post.
In summary, we have made the following changes:
- Sunset of Pool Bonds: In order to simply and streamline processing, the board decided to no longer offer or support pool bonds. As an alternative, all existing bond members will qualify for a new rate called Legacy Family Membership which maintains cost at the 2016 level. This change will drastically reduce the amount of administrative work required each year to maintain bonds as well as simply rates for new members.
- Removal of Senior Membership Rates: We have removed the 2 senior rates offered in 2016 and replaced them with a new Expanded Social Membership which includes pool access, 10 guest passes, and a significant cost savings. We feel this rate will better serve our senior members as well as provide an attractive rate for couples with no children who may not have qualified for the senior rates.
- New Member Introductory Rate: We are excited to provide a 1-Year Promo Rate for new families to Club Brittany! To qualify for this rate, families must have never been previous pool members. This new option is a trial basis for 2017 and are hopeful it will attract new families to the pool.
We will release registration tips, FAQs, and potentially a tutorial to help assist families in selecting the best membership however below is a recap of all rates for 2017.
– $575 Family Membership
– $465 Legacy Family Membership (Previous Bond Holders)
– $350 Expanded Social Membership (includes pool access and 10 free guest passes)
– $350 New Family Membership 1-Year Promotional Rate
– $50 Babysitter Fee
– $25 Late Fee if membership paid in full after May 1st, 2017 (applies to all membership rates)
April 2nd – Pool Cover Removal
We are planning to remove the pool cover on Sunday April 2nd at 1PM in preparation for the Club Brittany Clean-Up Day and the start of the summer. Please check your schedules and see if you can assist for a half hour or so. We need at least 8 people to help remove the cover.
April 22nd & 23rd – Club Brittany Clean-Up Days
This year’s Clean-Up Day is Saturday April 22nd and Sunday April 23rd, 2017 beginning at 10AM. We realize that this time may conflict with sports and church schedules but we will be at the pool for most of the day so hopefully everyone can find a little time to swing by and lend a hand. There is no paid staff at Club Brittany other than the lifeguards and Pool Manager so we need member’s to volunteer to help. A job sign-up will be sent out in the next few weeks and we are also planning to have a cookout after the clean-up, so consider coming to lend a hand and sticking around to enjoy some food and friends.
Chris Dunphey, Club Brittany President